Hi,

as I stated before on a cmd is no problem, Im using 6.4 release

Am 30.10.2018 um 12:56 schrieb Solene Rapenne:
Markus Rosjat <ros...@ghweb.de> wrote:
hi all,

I have some old python scripts that using os.spawnl to execute stuff
like useradd  combined with sudo. This worked just fine on systems with
sudo installed  but these days we have doas and its totally enough for
things I use to do so I said to myself "lets update these old scripts
..." . In code this was basically replasing os.spawnl with
subprocess.check_call  but when I run this the useradd command doesnt
get executed by the script. On the cmd it does, so this works on cmd:

doas useradd -u 666 -g =uid -s /sbin/nologin -d
/var/mail/domain.tld/vmailuser0666 vmailuser0666

but in the script I with the code like this:

   exit = subprocess.check_call(['doas', 'useradd', '-u %s' % user_id,
'-g =uid',
'-s /sbin/nologin',
'-d %s' % mb_parent_dir,
user_name])

I get an exception that seems to be related to the fact that doas isnt
really working here

doas: Authorization failed <- this comes from the script even the
provided password is correct

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/root/scripts/mb_add", line 244, in <module>
      mb_addresses)
    File "/root/scripts/mb_add", line 174, in add_mailbox
      user_name])
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 190, in check_call
      raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['doas', 'useradd', '-u 666',
'-g =uid', '-s /sbin/nologin', '-d /var/mail/domain.tld/vmailuser666',
'vmailuser666']' returned non-zero exit status 1

So does someone had some issues with migrating scripts from sudo to
doas, then some help or hintw would be very appreciated.

regards
hi

what openbsd version are you using?
did you try the command outside of python?

There were issues with doas a few days ago in snapshots.

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107224    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you
print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT