On 2/8/06, RedShift <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I've noticed OpenBSD still uses Apache httpd 1.3. While it is good that
> on the OpenBSD side of things, it is maintained and there's an
> additional focus on security for httpd. However, sooner or later,
> httpd 1.3 *will be deprecated* in favor of newer versions (2.0, 2.2),
> and now certainly with 2.2 released.
>
> Are there any plans about when 2.2 (or 2.0) will be included in the base
>   fileset? Or remove apache out of the fileset and let the users install
> it themselfs with a port?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=110242455717049&w=2

The Apache Software people refused to incorporates a lot of security
features because it would make their Apache release incompatible with
the Netware Operating System.

So the Apache shipped with OpenBSD is not really the same as the one
released by the Apache Project with the same version number.

a lot while ago Henning had said that there was about 4000 lines of
Code difference between the OpenBSD Apache and the one from Apache
Project and Also that Apache2 is a Design Fault.

Just some Info :-)

Kind Regards
--
Siju Oommen George, Network Consultant. HiFX IT & MEDIA SERVICES PVT.
LTD. http://www.hifx.net