On Thu, 2018-11-15 at 18:55 +0000, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

> This kind of demonstrates Lennart Poeterings recent tweet/boast about
> unified
> /usr to actually be a bad idea likely taken up by Debian out of
> frustration and
> not desire/design.

Well, to be fair in Linuxland the separation between /usr and / does
not gain you much since a system without /usr will most likely not work
anyway, and initrds are almost always used.

As far as I'm aware, they are/were originally separated largely due to
historical reasons anyway, not because it's inherently better to keep
them separate.

--
Jarkko Oranen <oran...@iki.fi>