On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 05:17:20AM -0500, Programmer wrote:
> There don't seem to be any Common Lisp libraries available as
> packages.  I'd be interested in packaging the most common and mature
> Common Lisp libraries, but I'm not certain who I'd discuss this with.
>
> I'd appreciate any help with getting started contributing to OpenBSD.

Dear Programmer,

I am not going to tell you what to do, but if I had enough free time
to consider such projects, I would go and ask if Quicklisp project
needs some help from me (in case you do not know, it is a package
installer for Common Lisp).

https://www.quicklisp.org/beta/

http://blog.quicklisp.org/2018/10/october-2018-quicklisp-dist-update-now.html

Zach Beane is the author (it seems) and is doing enormous job. It
looks like in best case you would be replicating his work, which, with
all due respect to OpenBSD, might get ignored if you cannot keep up
with updating ports at his speed. I, for one example, would rather
stick with quicklisp, because it is going to work everywhere when CL
is installed (well, mostly).

While I have never done it, I guess making one system wide quicklisp
install is easy to do, probably just add user and have his quicklisp
files word- or group readable. And have users read this guy's
setup.lisp from quicklisp install.

And quicklisp allows me to keep using old versions of installed libs,
which ports cannot give me, AFAICT. This one feature is worth going QL
way. At least to me.

HTH

--
Regards,