At a guess, route-to is confused by the same ip, but I haven't looked at the
internals.

Maybe try adding pair interfaces (with different addresses) to each rdomain,
and you can use route-to to select between them.
You already have default route set in each rdomain, so it will find its way
from there.

eg.

# /etc/hostname.pair1
group pinternal
rdomain 1
inet 10.255.1.1 255.255.255.0
!/sbin/route -T1 add <your internal subnet(s)> 10.255.1.2

# /etc/hostname.pair11
group pinternal
inet 10.255.1.2 255.255.255.0
patch pair1

# /etc/hostname.pair2
group pinternal
rdomain 2
inet 10.255.2.1 255.255.255.0
!/sbin/route -T2 add <your internal subnet(s)> 10.255.2.2

# /etc/hostname.pair12
group pinternal
inet 10.255.2.2 255.255.255.0
patch pair2

# /etc/pf.conf
pass on pinternal
pass in quick on { $if_int } to any route-to { 10.255.1.1, 10.255.2.1 } \
 round-robin set prio (3,6)

Have not tested exactly this, but similar to my current setup.
Might not need the static routes, if the right pf magic is happening.

-Phil