Howdy...
starting Openvpn in different rdomains works pretty well for us

a crude way of doing that ... is  to add the following line to the
bottom of your tun interface...
(starting openvpn in rdomain2 )

!/sbin/route -T 2 exec /usr/local/sbin/openvpn --config
/etc/openvpn2.conf & /usr/bin/false

we were using the L2 tunnels (not l3) ...  but this worked pretty well for us

you I think you  can use rcctl and set rtable also as described very well  here

using symbolic links in /etc/rc.d/ you can create multiple openvpn
services, each with their own
settings...
I hope this helps

--
Kindest regards,
Tom Smyth

Mobile: +353 87 6193172
The information contained in this E-mail is intended only for the
confidential use of the named recipient. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering it to the recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please notify the sender
immediately by telephone at the number above and erase the message
You are requested to carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment.