Sorry for the double post, I got the link to the script wrong... woops.

The actual link is:

www.geoghegan.ca/pfbadhost.html

On 01/03/19 15:06, Jordan Geoghegan wrote:
Hello,

I wrote a small script called 'pf-badhost' to block shodan and other annoyances via pf firewall. Check out www.geoghegan.ca/pf-badhost.html to see the script.

pf-badhost also blocks ssh bruteforcers and other annoyances by loading a list of regularly updated badhost lists from trusted sources. If you only want to block shodan specifically, just comment out the few lines that download the other blocklists, and you should be good to go. I've had a number of people give good feedback on it, and they've reported it blocking the scanners and baddies quite effectively; BSDNow also did a piece about it, so it seems to work alright.

Cheers,

Jordan