On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 04:09:34PM -0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> On 2019-03-08, "Peter J. Philipp" <p...@centroid.eu> wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if this particular USB clock is supported in OpenBSD.
> > https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/products/usb-dcf77-clock.htm
> > it's predecessor is the USB5131 model, which is supported under the
> > umbg(4) driver.
>
> (I hate "I don't know either" replies, but in this case I doubt
> you'll get a definitive answer.)
>
> I took a quick look at Meinberg's Linux driver package...
> https://www.meinbergglobal.com/download/drivers/mbgtools-lx-4.2.2.tar.gz
> ... but I got lost in the ifdef and abstraction maze.
>
> The DCF600USB will definitely not work out of the box, since it has
> a different product ID from the USB5131.  Beyond that, I can't tell.
> The DCF600USB has a "v2" USB interface as opposed to the USB5131,
> but while a flag for this is passed around, I couldn't see where
> it's used.
>
> --
> Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply.  I mailed meinberg whether they give out datasheets to
their products so that I can modify the driver.  If I don't manage to make the
new one working, is there interest by german or european developers to take
on the hardware or money to buy their own device?  I don't know if the
original umbg(4) driver author is still at OpenBSD...

I probably won't get a reply by monday, so we'll see then.

Regards,
-peter