On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 04:19:48PM +0100, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Peter J. Philipp:
>
> > Thanks for your reply.  I mailed meinberg whether they give out datasheets
> > their products so that I can modify the driver.  If I don't manage to make
> > the
> > new one working, is there interest by german or european developers to take
> > on the hardware or money to buy their own device?
>
> I'm geographically well-positioned for DCF77.  Not sure I'm any
> better qualified for driver work, though.
>
> > I don't know if the original umbg(4) driver author is still at
> > OpenBSD...
>
> No, he is not.  Except for nmea(4), I don't think any other developer
> has any of the devices for which he added timedelta drivers.  I doubt
> any users do either.
>
> --
> Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de

Oh yes, I forgot to report back sorry.  So I had contact with Meinberg,
their technical team explained that changing the USB Device ID may be all
that's needed for making the driver work.  However I had a falling out with
the sales team, because they don't sell to private entities (non-corporate)
such as myself, the reseller they listed only sells to corporate customers as
well.  So it looks like this isn't for me after all, too bad.

I was in contact with another person in europe who is interested in buying a
unit through a reseller, he wants to see if he can make the appropriate
changes and if they work you'll probably see a tech mail.  If that person
steps forward then you'll know who is is :-), well known community member.

Regards,
-peter