Hi,

  I'm trying to migrate my setups for smtpd+dovecot, and I'm about half there. The scenario is this:

- OpenBSD client machines have smtpd set up to send the daily/weekly mails to an address u...@example.org handled by central server also running smtpd

- Central server running OpenBSD with smtpd + dovecot for domain example.org. Local mail is also delivered to u...@example.org

I can mail u...@example.org using the u...@example.org mail account, and mail from 6.3 machines is still coming in, but I don't receive mail from the 6.4 machines. I'm a bit stumped as to what I've setup wrong here. Any suggestions are welcome. All this was based on the old faq example that was removed in 6.4. Dovecot config works fine.

Maillog is full of these errors: result="524 5.2.4 Mailing list expansion problem"

Client machines smtpd.conf :

listen on lo0

table aliases file:/etc/mail/aliases

action "relay" relay host "smtp://mail.example.org" tls no-verify
action "maildir" maildir alias <aliases>

match from local for "example.org" action "relay"
match from local for local action "maildir"

Client machines aliases file has the root entry modified like thus:

root: u...@example.org

Server smtpd.conf:

queue compression

# pki setup
pki mail.example.org cert "/etc/ssl/mail.example.org.crt"
pki mail.example.org key "/etc/ssl/private/mail.example.org.key"

# tables setup
table aliases file:/etc/mail/aliases
table domains file:/etc/mail/domains
table passwd passwd:/etc/mail/passwd
table virtuals file:/etc/mail/virtuals

# listen ports setup
listen on lo0
listen on egress port 25 tls pki mail.example.org auth-optional
listen on egress port submission tls-require pki mail.example.org auth <passwd>

# special case for gmail to avoid ipv6 here
#limit mta for domain gmail.com inet4

action "deliver" mda "/usr/libexec/mail.lmtp -d /var/dovecot/lmtp -f %{sender} %{rcpt}" virtual <virtuals> action "deliver_local" mda "/usr/libexec/mail.lmtp -d unix:/var/dovecot/lmtp" alias <aliases>
action "relay" relay

match from any for domain <domains> action "deliver"
match from any for local               action "deliver"
match from local for local             action "deliver_local"

aliases file same as for clients

domain file:

example.org

virtuals: