SYMPTOM: Soon after a fresh OpenBSD install intended to use as a
laptop / work engine, and consequently a few uses of a graphical
session, suddenly the X session cannot start anymore : logging
in with a correct user/passwd pair provokes a crash and restart of the
X Display Manager, displaying the xdm login screen anew.
But I can still log in xdm as root.

Xorg.0.log https://pastebin.com/pZDf90TE
xenodm.log https://pastebin.com/abjyLCyU
dmesg.boot https://pastebin.com/T3UGucB1 (also attached)

DIAGNOSTIC: A main relevant error seems to be (from xenodm.log) :

26 xenodm info (pid 30531): sourcing /etc/X11/xenodm/TakeConsole
27 XIO:  fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
28       after 128 requests (121 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

TakeConsole file executes the sessreg(1) command.

There is also a minor error listed in the Xorg.0.log file
345 [    14.897] (EE) PreInit returned 2 for "/dev/wsmouse"

I use a laptop that was assembled with Linux by an OEM in 2013.

===

This (being unable to log in a graphic session) has happened on all
three OpenBSD installs I performed :
⋅ First on OpenBSD 6.4 run in a standard qemu x86_64 virtual machine.
⋅ Then on my recent installation of OpenBSD 6.4, which unrelatedly
I also upgraded to the 6.5 version of the operating system.
⋅ Finally, on the subsequent fresh install of the latest OpenBSD 6.5
release (which the log files are from).
It is quite frustrating.

I suspect this might be triggered by an improper powering off of the
system. (overall system as well as xenodm and the X session)

Amusingly enough, a quick web search for the error returns three
relevant results, two of which refer other operating systems :
⋅ The first is a thread, blank of replies, from Apple forums circa 2015
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7356352
⋅ Another is a guide to a tool designed to fix this error for Windows
http://wiki-157727.usedtech.org/xio-fatal-io-error-35.html
⋅ Somebody on these very lists as far back as in 2011, on x11-devel
&list=x11&extra=201103/1
>From   beasley <beasley () hiwaay ! net>
Subject         X11 crashes with fatal IO error 35 on old pentium I laptop
Date    Thu, 03 Mar 2011 01:55:56 -0600
https://marc.info/?t=129913906300002&r=1&w=2 OR
http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/X11-crashes-with-fatal-IO-error-35-on-old-pentium-I-laptop-td211423.html
⋅ Also a thread on stackexchange closed for vagueness
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/250215/fatal-io-error-35-x-problem

I'm hoping to fix this problem which makes the situation very impractical.

Thank you,
Sylvain S