On 5/23/19 7:51 AM, Roderick wrote:
I wonder that no one noted this bugs before: are there no new people
installing OpenBSD? Or it is a problem only with VMWare?

Yes, the fact that nobody else has run into your problem suggest that it might in fact be your problem. Or your provider may be doing something strange.

It's great that you are exploring this, and may yet find an actual issue, but if you just wanted hosting in a hurry and cheap, vultr.com offers an entry-level vhost with OpenBSD 6.5 (or half a dozen others including BSDs and Linuxes) already installed (or you can use any ISO to install from) for US$2.50/month, with console access. I'm hosting my secondary DNS there and have had zero issues so far, though I didn't do a full reinstall.