We have been running succesfully for a very long time, earlier editions (5.5)
didn’t recover so well after storage hiccups, but these days running very well,
no customizations needed. Sorry I can’t download the vmx right now.

OpenBSD 6.3 GENERIC.MP#107 amd64
Running openbgpd, pf and relayd.

Esxi 6.5 on Intel "Sandy Bridge” Generation EVC
VMFS5 datastore on FC - Thick provision lazy zeroed
VMXNET3
VM version 10 hardware compatibility
Guest OS emulation - Freebsd 64bit

8vcpu