I like your suggestion!  I am security paranoid to a fault.  For me, a
system is either rock solid or wide open.  obsd is the closest I've found
to rock solid, and frankly a virtualbox vm running on win7 feels wide
open.  But the more I thought about your idea, the more I liked it.  Win7
w/o the virtual firewall is more simply at risk, so why not?
Seeing as I am still new to OpenBSD, I would probably have 2 vms: bsd1
passes everything incoming to bsd2 (the firewall), then bsd1 quietly logs
what goes out to check for nefarious-looking packets.  That would take two
separate boxes to even start building, without vms.  The VMs can fight and
die and be replaced, and even a noob like myself can learn what works
better and harder.

Can't wait to set something up.
-Jim