Lots of miscommunications in these threads.  The original poster here was
talking about setting up a virtual firewall machine to deal with traffic on
a single box.
Most of the war stories are from sys admins protecting a corporate LAN (or
larger)
with lawyers and accountants weighing in.  Of course you need to consider
the
collective OpenBSD wisdom and up your game accordingly, when protecting
a multimillion dollar facility.

I could really go for a methanol, about now!