Howdie,

On Thu, Jun 06, 2019 at 08:17:52PM +0000, Benny wrote:
> First of all, I really appreciate your work on Opensmtpd. In the past few
> days of planning and configurating(still working on it). I realize the beauty
> in smtpd's simplicity.

Thanks

> My quests were quite stupid as I didn't know imap mail clients send the
> message to the smtp server and the imap as "Sent" for every outgoing email.
>
> The man page from the port source was enough for my setup.

I've seen more stupid quests so don't beat yourself up ;-)

> By the way, does Opensmtpd support milter for rspam now? I have seen blogs
> about it being upstreamed, but found nothing from smtpd.conf(5).

Since you're asking, I'll take the opportunity to provide details ;-)

OpenSMTPD supports a filtering interface that is different (and simpler)
than milters, so you won't be able to use the existing milter for rspamd
BUT writing a native filter is trivial (as in shell scripting trivial).

I wrote a native rspamd filter, with greylisting and dkim-signing logic,
all it took was an hour and a couple hundred lines of code. It won't get
released because it's just a proof-of-concept, lacking robustness, and I
don't feel like maintaining it, but there will surely be implementations
available soon after the release.

The code is already in current for the most part but there are still few
minor bugs to fix, things to change in the API, and you should stay away
of it if you can't write code at the moment.

Some people already wrote a few useful filters and are using them daily,
so this is more than usable at this point, my plan is for the filter API
to be made rock-solid for 6.6.

> Once again, thank you for this amazing piece of software.

Thanks :-)

--
Gilles Chehade                                                 @poolpOrg

https://www.poolp.org                 tip me: https://paypal.me/poolpOrg