On 06/07/2019, Theo de Raadt <dera...@openbsd.org> wrote:
> Precisely.  Most of the risks are in the bugs, and if you hit a problem
> you'll be Dennis Muilenburg saying you didn't know (that phrase works
> one way today, but if in the next few days he leaves his position, it
> will work a different way).  The unknown risk factors are first unknown
> and potentially accidental, and secondly unknown and now we are supposed
> to guess it wasn't accidental.  Vendors are wired to increase
> performance and noone judges security aspects, that the process where
> the "accident" arises.  Maybe we should suddenly accuse absolutely
> everyone of malpractice!  As if that will change anything...

Hence, not only can you get the effect of conspiracy without there
being one, but it doesn't matter whether there is a conspiracy or not
when it won't change anything; and at any rate, most smart culprits
have figured out to maintain plausible deniability. Unless one is a
member of a jury tasked with deciding e.g. Dennis's guilt or
innocence, it doesn't matter one way or another.

> So this is misc, which is full of lots of talk about nothing, by people
> who can't change the ecosystem.  Having worried vocally about this
> before, I know I can't change it.  Pretty sad to see people who are even
> less capable find the energy to moan about it.

Few emotions are as powerful as impotent rage.
Impotent rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Ian

PS: Don't die on us, Theo.