On 7/11/19 5:57 AM, Stefan Sperling wrote:

Testing just bsd.rd is enough. If the bsd.rd environment is too limiting
you could also install to a USB stick and boot from it for testing purposes.

Either approach should suffice to test a wifi connection.

Hi, Stefan. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I tried the following releases by installing to USB over the last couple of weeks:

* 6.4
* 6.3
* 6.2
* 6.1
* 6.0
* 5.9
* 5.8

Unfortunately, I didn't get better results with any of these. athn0 would sporadically work when explicitly set up in 11g mode, but would usually just balk with "athn0: Device Timeout".

Sorry to have wasted your time on this.

--
Matthew Graybosch