On 8/14/19 7:56 PM, Tito Mari Francis Escano wrote:
Hi to everyone at misc,

I'm recently working on an OpenBSD-based PHP7 web application with PostgreSQL-backend for a local government agency and was wondering what would you recommend as the acceptable server specification. This web application won't reach the Google or Facebook level of visits per day, but I was hoping to prepare this be deployed and run for quite a long time and ready for about 60,000 visits per day at most.

Your advise and recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

I don't have much experience running php apps in production, but I have run a Django app in production using httpd and Postgres. Using a basic 4 core VM from Vultr, benchmarks showed it was able to serve over 4000 requests per second. With those kind of numbers you could easily serve over a million hits per day. It didn't have a lot of complex DB activity going on, so the benchmarks were more testing httpd and Djangos throughput, but I digress. If you cluster your servers, you should be able to hit far more.

Jordan