Andrew Lemin <andrew.le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To me this seems unusual (was expecting 'curl' or 'wget' etc to avoid code
> duplication) and confusing? What do you think?

curl is not in openbsd

wget is not in openbsd

Maybe we should rename our downloading software to lemin, which is
obviously a randomly chosen name with some obscure acronym we'll invent
to back the name, being a name noone recognizes we can probably avoid
assumptions as to what it does, whether it does ftp, or http, or https,
or who knows what.  Of course such a strange name would also lead people
to not discovering it, and make them install some monster software
package off the internet with another strange name.

In summary I think it's turning into a shitty world with selection by
meme.