On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 15:16:22 -0400
STeve Andre' <st...@wb8wsf.org> wrote:

> On 2019-11-02 15:07, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:

> >> /usr/bin/vi
> >
> > You obviously never wrote a book.
> > At least not with the requirements OP asked for. >
>
> Actually, I am, right now.  I've found that "formatting" is an
> annoyance, when writing material.  Get it written, *then* worry
> about how it looks.  I've done this for more than 40 years when
> creating documents, reports and such for work.

So after writing the whole thing, you're going to go back and insert
some sorts of codes for backstory paragraphs, emphasis, dialog, and
various other styles?

How are you going to get word-wrap right?

I know it's possible with novels, but it takes some pretty good writing
skills to do so. And I'll go out on a limb and say it's impossible with
a technical book.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2019 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr