Hi

I tried something similar: 2x machines (FreeBSD) with OpenBGPD,
CARP (for fail-over of the internal default gateway), PF and pfsync.

I encountered problems especially with assymetric routed traffic.
E.g. traffic coming in via router 1, going to the client/server and
going out via router 2. pf/pfsync sets up the session and replicates
states to the other machine - the connection is established.. but
I have massive problems with really transferring data (which means,
POP3 login works, small mails are downloaded, but then it interrupts).

Maybe I have mistakes in the pf.conf (I use the keep state everywhere..).
I am also not sure, if this setup is a clever idea.. anyone?

Regards,
Reto