Hi Edgar,

Thanks for the response.
On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 04:06:18PM -0600, Edgar Pettijohn wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2019 2:35 PM, Lev Lazinskiy <l...@levlaz.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I am new to openBSD, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious.
> >
> > I recently installed openBSD on a server using the auto-partition layout
> > during installation and am quickly starting to run out of disk space.
> >
> > I have read the section in the FAQ [1] regarding how to grow a disk
> > partition, but I am confused on the best way to actually do this.
> >
> > Specifically, I am trying to grow /usr and /home but they are "busy"
> > when I try to follow these steps on a running server.
> >

> You must umount them first.

Right, the issue is that I am unable to unmount them because they are
actively being used.

> > Is the assumption that you are supposed to reboot the server with the
> > ISO attached and pop into a shell to complete these steps?
> >
> > [1] https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#GrowPartition
> >
> > --
> > Lev Lazinskiy
> >

> If it's a fresh install probably be easier to just reinstall and size
> partitions how you need them.

This makes sense, but I was curious what the recommended approach is for
a server that you cannot simply reinstall.

Someone else suggested using single user mode on boot and that approach
seems to work very well.