On Tue, 2019-11-19 at 12:54 -0600, Dave Trudgian wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-11-19 at 19:06 +0100, Josh wrote:
> > Have you tried on 6.5?
> >
> > My X1rev6 did not like the upgrade to 6.6. heavy cpu consumption,
> > super hot, laggy when browsing and fan spinning consistently.
> >
> > I've reinstalled 6.5 and been using the same settings as yours.
> > everything is back to normal. I guess I will wait for 6.7...
>
> I guess I should try this with relation to the other thread I posted
> about power draw on my T430. I'm not seeing heavy CPU or much lag -
> but
> it is unexpectly thirsty and the fan does go all the time. I'll try
> 6.5
> this evening if I get a chance.

Sorry for the noise.... decided to try quickly over lunch on my T430.

With 6.6 I was seeing a power draw of ~15W sitting at an idle GUI
session. Fan runs slowly, but constantly.

With 6.5 I see a power draw of ~10.5W sitting at an idle GUI session.
Fan does not run.

The 6.5 figure compares fairly well to ~8W on Linux with everything
powertop can tune there.

Going to stay at 6.5 for a while on this machine given the above... but
I have 2 drives in this laptop, so I can relatively easily try things
out on 6.6 if there are any pointers to try, or useful diagnostic
information I can obtain.

DT