Namaste Aham,

Aham Brahmasmi wrote on Mon, Dec 09, 2019 at 04:55:07PM +0100:

> On the openrsync manpage [1],
> [1] - https://man.openbsd.org/openrsync
> 1) In the EXAMPLES section, the examples use "rsync".
> % rsync -t ../src/bar ../src/baz host:dest
> The SYNOPSIS section has the invocation as "openrsync".
>
> Should we use "openrsync" in the EXAMPLES section?

I don't think so.

Ultimately, we hope to install OpenRSYNC as simply /usr/bin/rsync
rather than /usr/bin/openrsync, but it isn't quite ready for that
yet, too many features are still missing.

Until then, it can't be helped that the documentation is somewhat
messy.  In particular, we don't really want to force "openrsync"
too deeply into people's finger memory.

> 2) In the SEE ALSO section, clicking on rsync(5) and rsyncd(5) results
> in "No results found". An apropos [2] for "rsync" gives two results, one
> of which is for openrsync itself.

Our source tree contains files rsync.5 and rsyncd.5 documenting the
protocols, but they are not installed.  I think we should either
install these two files if they are accurate and considered relevant
or delete the two links from rsync(1).

I'm not sending a diff because i don't know which course of action
is better.

> Is there a configuration file format for rsync{d}?

Samba rsync supports rsyncd.conf(5) but OpenRSYNC does not appear
to at this time.

Yours,
  Ingo