I don't speak Python, but from what I've read, it has some serious
encoding problems compared to Perl.
This is a real problem in today's world of multiple encodings.

Apparently the guy writing about this is pretty hated for bringing up
this serious flaw. If the problem is true, he has examples, then it
needs to get fixed.

Perl also has problems, but screwing up encodings is pretty fundamental.

mod_perl, from reading the mailing list, looks like it will die off
before long. Lack of developers and funding and interest given all the
newer replacements.

Remove Perl? No way.
Perl is very Unixy. Perl is full of automagically. C isn't.
I think they make for a good combo.

Think this way         -> use C
Think other way        -> use Perl
Think really screwball -> use both

OK, enough of my BS, but this is an interesting thread.
I do think discussing many languages that can be used is relevant to
both misc@ and ports@

Bye Y'all,
Chris Bennett