Hi Misc,

I am playing with yubikey on

predrag@oko$ uname -a
OpenBSD oko.int.bagdala2.net 6.6 GENERIC.MP#4 amd64

The idea is to use yubikey as a challenge for a console login. I tried
first to configure /etc/login.conf just to use yubikey

auth-defaults:auth=yubikey:

However, I see

oko# tail -3 authlog
Feb 15 23:29:15 oko yubikey: user predrag failed: password too short.
Feb 15 23:29:15 oko yubikey: user predrag: reject
Feb 15 23:43:09 oko su: predrag to root on /dev/ttyC0

I used advanced mode in yubikey-personalization-gui and generated public
key of lenght 16 instead of default 6. No avail. Then I realized that

010: SECURITY FIX: December 4, 2019   All architectures
libc's authentication layer performed insufficient username validation.

Is it possible to use yubikey for console authentication or does above
patch disables it completely?

Most Kind Regards,
Predrag Punosevac