On 2020-03-09, Anthony Campbell <a...@acampbell.uk> wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't access the BIOS at all to tell it to boot from
> the stick. Pressing F2 during boot is supposed to do this but I've
> tried about a hundred times without success.

Try unplugging the disk and see if you can then get into the bios menu.
Maybe with the boot order altered it will just boot from USB anyway, if
not, I have had times in the past where I've had to get past POST and
into a bootloader before powering up the disk in able to be able to wipe
something that the bios didn't like. Not sure if this is 'recommended'
but it has got me out of a hole before.