Haai,

"Tomasz Rola" <rto...@ceti.pl> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 12:25:56PM +0100, zeurk...@volny.cz wrote:
>>

> I use lynx a lot, very nice tool. It also helped me to restart my
> browsing of gopher sites. There was plenty of them 20+ years ago, now
> it is just a handful of servers. But still, better than nothing.

Menever quite was into Gopher, but mereally should try and have a look
someday...

>> Occasionally, when really pressed, meruns 'tails', a specialized Lunix
>> distro, from a DVD on a spare craptop; at least that way, mecan get rid
>> of the bloated, buggy shit by simply turning off the machine.
>
> I do not know tails, only read about it.
>
> Using separate computers for different roles might be a way of the
> future. A very convoluted way. But one cannot count too much on
> security offered by modern popular cpus and there is always a chance
> to be struck by something unexpected: I have just read that bmp file
> from game server might make buffer overflow on client side. So, one
> machine for gaming, one for reading, one for shopping and one for
> work. And one for listing the music.

2003 came calling ;)

Seriously: what you fear has already come to pass, for many people, long
ago. It's even in the mainstream now: there, it's considered good
practice to design an "app" so that a luser can seamlessly use it across
the various "devices" in its possession. Or is merunning behind and did
that idea die?

> I will never propose this kind of solution to normal people. :-)

Thankfully, we're not normal here =)

>> --
>> Friggin' Machines!
>
> Oh no, it is not the machines. It is their masters.

And their creators. The phrase is from an old Quake map that me's long
since forgotten the name of.

        --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!