I just compiled python2.4 which recommended for Zope 2.9.0. There a
small glitch in configure. You'll get an error like below. Its late
so just all reference to define_xopen_source starting around 1488.
this has to do with select. But the configure file is not set up to
handle kqueue/kqueue declartion of u_short and u_long. This
configuration file doesn't handle 3.8 either. After removing
define_xopen_source it compiled and tested.

---
OpenBSD/2.* | OpenBSD/3.@<:@0123456@:>@)
     define_xopen_source=no;;
   # On Solaris 2.6, sys/wait.h is inconsistent in the usage
   # of union __?sigval. Reported by Stuart Bishop.
   SunOS/5.6)
-----

mail# gmake
gcc -pthread -c -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-
prototypes -I. -I./Include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Modules/python.o
Modules/python.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/select.h:38,
                  from Include/pyport.h:116,
                  from Include/Python.h:55,
                  from Modules/python.c:3:
/usr/include/sys/event.h:53: error: syntax error before "u_int"
/usr/include/sys/event.h:55: error: syntax error before "u_short"
gmake: *** [Modules/python.o] Error 1

Respectfully,
Tony Sterrett

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Consultant in Open Source Software, featuring OpenBSD and Linux.
www.sterrett.net
(858) 433-1467 San Diego
(408) 705-2135 San Jose