--- Johan Torin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 22 February 2006 03:07, b h wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a (slightly older, but still snazzy)
> generic
> > acting as my gateway - see dmesg at bottom
> >
> > my laptop internal wired NIC was acting funny, so
> > thought I'd try wireless to network through my
> net4801
> > gateway.  Never using my wireless card before on
> the
> > soekris (sat in the machine dormant for a year
> never
> > configured), I thought I'd finally try out the
> > excellent wireless support in OpenBSD.
> >
> > Following the man page, I have
> >
> > # cat /etc/hostname.ath0
> > inet 10.0.1.1 255.255.255.0 NONE media autoselect
> > mediaopt hostap nwid my_net chan 11
> [...]
>
> Yes, this is a gotcha the man-page doesn't mention.
> The ath driver is only capable of using 11b, so add
> 'mode 11b' to your hostname.ath/ifconfig line and it
> should work.
>
> /Johan

Thank you, that seemed to work for connecting at "b".
Although you kind of mentioned it, I'd like to
increase support for the fact that someone with more
diff/man page skills than me *should really update
that*.  It is very misleading (and disappointing) - as
the manpage is seems very clear in describing support
for all three of a/b/g for 5212.  Or mention it in the
bugs section.  If it's relevant, the distributor of my
minipci card was netgate.

I know I'm running an older system, but I tried
looking through cvsweb, and I didn't think I saw any
driver changes since my system was installed, but
apologies if its been fixed since.

Also, don't know whether I can support it, but just
curious what would it require to fix this?  Reyk must
already have a card with the chipset since it works a
little bit right?

thanks
http://mail.yahoo.com