Hello Allan,

it looks that, besides using openbsd as server in the cloud, it was quite a
while I wasn't running X on a client, actually it was xenodm the thing, now
I know.
I had formerly tried to start it manually as normal user (as well as
startx), but, reading updated faq, I discovered it's run as a service from
root.
Now everything works back. Unless for the fact which I discovered that,
with 256M RAM, no serious www browser runs anymore (at 6.2 still something
worked besides netsurf and dillo, a sign of the times!).

Btw, does "rcctl enable xenodm" also allow running programs remotely with
ssh -X|Y u...@obsd.box, or is there something more to do?

Thanks again and have a nice day!
Pasha