On 2020-04-20 22:47, Marc Espie wrote:
> Nope, it's definitely the wrong place to fix things.
>
> You should fix your pipes (change the timeouts or whatever).
>
> If worse comes to worst, pkg_add could *possibly* retry running ftp(1),
> but that makes little sense.

I agree ftp/tcp should be re-trying anyway. However I believe a re-run of ftp
might work around it. It hangs for a long time and ctrl->C followed by pkg_add
-u seems to work second time around (faster than waiting for the timeout).

It only happens on one or two pkgs occasionally. I believe it has happened via
wired(landline) and wireless(4G) internet access but can't be 100% sure. I shall
keep an eye on it and see if it has any patterns like CDN or particular
networks.