Ingo Schwarze wrote:

The limitation to 16 partitions definitely feels painful to me.

There is softraid(4).  The only discipline that supports a single
chunk is crypto.  Make a couple of OpenBSD RAID partitions,
set them up as crypto, partition those new crypto pseudo-devices,
up to 16 partitions each, mkfs, mount, profit.

From what I understand, crypto is not that big a performance hit
if you have AES on your AMD64 intruction set.

I just tried it on a small 16GB usb flash drive.  The only issue
was getting a clean reboot (rc.local to configure the pseudo-devices
succeeds but mount happens too early).

John