On 2020-05-09 07:41, Martin wrote:
> This one
> https://www.tomshardware.com/news/d-wave-5000-qubit-first-sale,40470.html
> is the most powerful 5000qbits quantum computer sells nowadays.
>
> Moreother, D-Wave opened online service to access 5000qbit remotely for
> solving 'special' tasks which can be accelerated using quantum architecture.
>
> In 2016 Google tested some encryption sub-layer in Chrome browser to test
> quantum resistant encryption algo.
>
> According to current online data collecting practices, after six years most
> of 'old' algorithms will possible to decrypt directly from storage by
> 'modern' quantum computers.

That last sentence doesn't even make sense but is completely wrong. Decrypt
according to? No

Googles computer was an impressive jump to 53 qubits but every qubit is
exponentially harder to keep stable.

The pqcrypto project estimated far longer before an algorithm is broken by a
computer and even then I believe they are talking about weaker keys. Not in our
lifetime is often mentioned.

It is quite possible and in my opinion probable that a nistp-521 key will never
be broken by a quantum computer.

I assume this is coming from the recent release of code by the PQCrypto project
for OpenSSL. The PQCrypto project hasn't concluded yet. You should not use it
yet especially without existing crypto too.

There are some conservative algorithms that may not win the competition that are
arguably useable under certain conditions but that is aside from the point. The
one OpenSSH has developed is one of those.