On 2020-05-09 14:34, i...@aulix.com wrote:
> D-waves has too uncoupled qubits if I understand it correctly, it is nothing
> to do about qubits quantity as we used to think about it. Like a "cluster" of
> completely isolated hosts (which is already not a cluster or course).

I don't care for the details. D-waves tech has no hope of breaking any crypto in
use today is what I have heard from reputable sources.

Googles needs to go from 53 to an estimated more than 3000 for nistp-521 with
each one being exponentially harder to manage.

RSA 8192/4096 are the next best options but RSA takes exponentially longer to
generate larger keys.

Don't worry. The work is to be ready in case someone with enough funds makes a
breakthrough. There is almost zero chance for many many years.

You can always mix in a static symmetric key, if really needed or encrypt the
data first with a static key?

Wireguard offers mixing in a static key as an optional extra config option but
wireguard has chosen not to support AES, so will be a lot slower on many modern
processors and microchips that have AES hw support. The wireguard author seems
to think the opposite about micro support, but he is wrong.