On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 13:31, Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> wrote:

> On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 08:43:19PM +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> > Some of these documents have a proprietary licence attached to it and
> > I believe it's due to the 1994 AT&T settlement. There are third party
> > collections (like this: https://github.com/sergev/4.4BSD-Lite2) but
> > I'm not sure if one could import them all in the source tree or in the
> > ports tree without violating some copyright here and there.
>
> If the README.md is accurate, that could be imported in the ports tree,
> but there would be a lot of work to extract useful stuff from there.
>
> Looks like a standard 4-clauses old-style BSD licence.
>
> I've had a look, and it is very strange, some of the PSD documents have
> been converted to pdf, BUT not all of them.

That's because of the legal proviso, as below.

> There are also no actual releases, so you'd have to pull a specific tag
> from github, always hasardous...

Not sure if it's safe import from that project, as it lacks all the
legal proviso, like this for example:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/share/doc/psd/title/Title?revision=307807&view=co&pathrev=307807

As long as I know, the FreeBSD SVN has all the PSD, SMM and USD source
tree that can be used legally. How one makes an OpenBSD ports from
that, I don't know:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/share/doc/

--
Ottavio Caruso