On 2020-06-10 4:29 p.m., Tom Smyth wrote:
Hi George,
a reboot on a serial console is probably due to the serial console speeds
miss matching, between your
console client and the console on the guest.

make sure you are setting the console speed / parity, etc also

this issue happens frequently also when booting the  PC Engines board where
the bios runs at 115200 baud , N 8 1
and then the OpenBSD Console changes to 9600 N 8 1 during boot (defaults on
installxx.fs / installxx.img

hope this helps
Tom Smyth

Thanks Tom! I agree I have seen this reboot behavior on apu's and a soekris device(s), but I am setting the rate properly or so I believe anyway. The trick with the install on APU's is to set the baud rate at install time along with the console port:

stty com0 19200
set tty com0

Here though I have preinstalled and pre-build the OS and updated the GRUB config to use the console to send boot and other messages unfortunately apparently not really ...