On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 07:33:20PM +0100, Ed Gray wrote:
> I have an issue with XFCE on OpenBSD 6.6 and current on an amd64 system.
> XFCE works fine except for accessing the applications menu with the Alt +
> F1 keyboard shortcut. Instead of loading the menu it gets highlighted in
> grey and nothing happens. Clicking the menu loads it straight away.
> Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm running OpenBSD 6.7 (snapshot) for amd64 with XFCE as my desktop and
I don't have that problem. Alt + F1 anywhere opens the same menu that I
can get by clicking the right mouse button on the desktop background i.e.
The list of actions from "Open In New ..." through to "Applications".

Maybe check your $HOME/.xsession-errors log file?

Cheers,
Robb.