You're right Dumitru, this is an old bug:
https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/-/issues/201

I have been using XFCE for a very long time and in the past there was
always a keyboard shortcut to open the applications menu on the panel
directly. There is a separate shortcut to open the desktop menu (which Robb
at y42 mentioned). I suppose we just have to wait for it to be fixed
upstream. The .xsession-errors file was the right place to look which was
helpful for me so thanks for that Robb.

Regards
Ed Gray