> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 4:24 PM Mogens Jensen
><mogens-jen...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>> +# NOTE: The do_fsck() function has been patched to run 'fsck -y' if an
>> +#      automatic file system check fails with exit code 8.

I have quite a few machines patched like this.

On 2020-06-24, Aaron Mason <simplersolut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Auto filesystem repair is bad juju.

Nonsense. For many, the possible downsides of automatically running
fsck -y are much less a problem than the downsides of *not* running it.

Even if there is corruption, there's still a fair chance the machine
will come up far enough to fix things.

What else is someone going to do other than OOB/drive/fly/whatever
to the machine, press enter and type "fsck -y"? They're not going to
suddenly try to backup a dirty fs where they wouldn't already have
backups. Someone who cares about the data will already have a way
to rebuild or restore from backups.