Thus said Jonathan Gray on Sun, 09 Aug 2020 12:39:36 +1000:

> When this  came up previously running  i386 resulted in being  able to
> read the atombios. Can you confirm that is the case here?

Yes, this is the case. I installed OpenBSD 6.7 i386 to the same hardware
and  there is  no  error in  dmesg  and X  starts  up without  requiring
machdep.allowaperture to be set.

> The drm code in -current/snapshots has  been replaced by a new port of
> the linux 5.7 code so behaviour there may change.

I tried  the amd64 current/snapshot  from August 8  and it has  the same
problem.

I guess for now I can reinstall with i386 unless there is something else
that I should try for debugging. I can provide whatever is needed.

Thanks,

Andy