Hello,

I have several Asus A320M-K motherboards with AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (which does not
include a GPU) in very simple computers.

I installed OpenBSD on them using a GigaByte GT710 graphics card. After reboot,
everything works perfectly.

My idea was to install and configure the systems with the graphics card and
then remove it and control them by SSH (I only have one card).

I disabled at the BIOS the "Wait for F1 if Error" option so it continues
booting without the GPU. I am pretty sure it does:

I encrypted the disk during installation with bioctl and softraid; if I do
nothing, type intentionally a wrong password or simply press enter, the "num
lock" led stays on and pressing the power button shut the system down in
immediately. If I type the correct password, after 10 seconds the "num lock"
led turns off and the power button only works if pressed for 5 seconds.

So I assume the kernel panics because the GPU is missing.

Do I need a graphics card installed all the time?

The motherboard has pins for a COM serial port, during installation I was asked
if I wanted "com0" to become the default console. I said no.

Could I be booting the system had I said yes (without actually using the port,
again, I would use ssh)?

If so, can I change this after installation?

If not, is there anything I can do to be able to boot without the graphics card?

Thank you.