On 2020-10-09, Michel von Behr <michelb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to run snapshot on a Chuwi Lapbook laptop (Intel Gemini Lake),
> but I get stuck at boot time with the message "entry point at: 0x1001000".
> Based on previous discussions [1] it looks like the problem is with
> BOOTX64.EFI
> For now I'll be running -stable, but I would like to follow -current. Is
> there a way to run -current with an old version of BOOTX64.EFI for example?

If you upgrade by downloading and untarring sets on the running system,
you can avoid updating the bootloader, the basic method is described in
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade67.html#NoInstKern (obviously skip
the "update the bootloader" step).

Note that newer versions of the bootloader read the seed for early RNG use
in the kernel, I'm not sure when it was added but you might miss out on
that with a 6.7 bootloader.