Hi,

I see quite some syn flood packets on my OpenBSD firewall filling up the state
table for nothing. So I thought let's try the pf's adaptive syncookies. I am
just not quite sure what the percentage used by start and stop relate to.

In the pf.conf man page the following is written:

"pf will enable syncookie mode when a given percentage of the state table is
used up by half-open TCP connections..."

That "given percentage" does it compare the "half-open tcp" value of the state
table (as seen in "pfctl -si") with the amount of "current entries" in the
state table? or does it compare it with the limit of maximum states I have
defined in my pf.conf (value of "set limit states") ?

Thank you in advance for any precisions.

Regards,
Mabi