--- Jean-So?=bastien Bour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Matthias Kilian a icrit :
> > a) 4 is the first non-prime, at least according to factor(6).
> >
> No, it is 1 :)
> Explanation : a prime number can only be divided by two different
> numbers : 1 and itself. 1 can only be divided by one number,
> therefore it is not prime.

Wrong.

You got the definition of what a prime number is wrong.  A prime number
is defined as a positive integer greater than one which has positive
divisors 1 and itself, only.

Please note that using your definition 7 is not prime because -7, -1, 1
and 7 all divide 7.

I suggest at least looking into elementary number theory before making
such statements again.
http://mail.yahoo.com