On 2021-03-08, Sivan ! <s9952403...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you.  One unresolved issue. While running fetch, there was an
> error pop up that said /usr directory is out of space, though an
> entire 250 GB nvme is for OpenBSD, almost with no user files, except
> for the ports tree that was being downloaded b the fetch command.
> When installing OpenBSD in a 250 GB nvme, I chose GPT and let the
> installer decide on partitions. But something went wrong.

The disk is split into partitions. Run df -h to see what's free.

To convert "marketing capacity" for a drive (given in "decimal GB") into
usable capacity in binary GB (some people call this GiB), use this
calculation:

(97696368+(1953504*(capacity-50)))/2048

(The formula is from IDEMA LBA1-03 plus a conversion from 512-byte LBA
blocks to GB)

So for 250GB

(97696368+(1953504*(250-50)))/2048 = 238475.1796875

Then there's a little extra used for filesystem structures.

> It started with the warning:  Not all of the space available to
> /dev/nvme0n1 appears to be used, you can fix the GPT to use all the
> space (an extra 30 blocks) or
> continue with the current setting?

30 blocks is nothing. Leave this alone.

> Does this imply that the 232.89 GiB is OpenBSD area, but somehow with
> "no active partition" which is perhaps the reason why there was an
> error message during fetch that said /usr directory is low on disk
> space ?

You filled the partition holding /usr when you ran "make" in
/usr/ports/x11/gnome. Remove the build files with "rm -r /usr/ports/pobj"
(or remove /usr/ports completely if you don't need it).

The default auto-partitioning sizes do not give enough space to place
ports under /usr and build anything other than the smallest ports.