Hi David and Stuart,

Thank you to both of you for your insight and assistance.

I have OpenBSD 6.9 running on my BBB now. This is what I did:

 - I created a new SD card image on an OpenBSD system (previously I was
   using the Debian-based MX-Linux laptop for that.

 - During the install process I tried to install on sd0 (eMMC), but I
   kept getting read error on block 16. So, I installed on sd1 (SD card)

Like David mentioned, in one his previous emails, the install went
smoothly. Kudos to the OpenBSD team!

So, if you see "C"s on the console during boot up, it means that the TI
boot-loader is unable to find the OS boot loader (U-Boot).

After installation I tried to use the eMMC by doing a disklabel(8) and a
newfs(8) but kept running into the following error:

  newfs: rdfs: read error on block ...

It looks like I won't be able to use the 4 GB or so of eMMC. NP.

Once again, thanks to David and Stuart for all the help.

joseph