On 6/17/21 10:51 PM, Ibsen S Ripsbusker wrote:
> My great and good friends,
>
> I want to know how much network traffic a Windows computer is
> responsible for. The Windows computer is connected to a switch,
> the switch is connected to a router running OpenBSD, and the router is
> connected eventually to the internet service provider.
>
>   Windows ---------- Switch ---- OpenBSD ---- ISP
>   Other computers --/
>
> How can I find out how many bytes this Windows computer sent or received
> through the router within some time period?

There are several ways to do this, at least a couple will involve minor
surgery on your PF rule set.

One way is to set up with labels to your liking (see eg
http://home.nuug.no/~peter/pftutorial/#97 and following) which you can
then query.

The other obvious candidate is to set up for pflow export (see eg
http://home.nuug.no/~peter/pftutorial/#102 and following with links
therein).

Both of these approaches will get you the data, with potential for
further fun (see eg
https://bsdly.blogspot.com/2014/02/yes-you-too-can-be-evil-network.html)

All the best,
Peter