Hello Emiel,

Please read my inline and other comments.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 09:55:46AM +0200, Emiel Kollof wrote:
> Avon Robertson schreef op 2021-10-20 20:31:
>
> >As suggested above by Chris?
> >1. Downloaded radeondrm-firmware-20181218.tgz to ~/download/.
> >2. # rm -fr /etc/firmware/amdgpu/*
> >3. # tar -C /etc -xzvf ~/download/radeondrm-firmware-20181218.tgz
>
> This is not right. Why delete all the amdgpu firmwares? The radeondrm
> ones don't replace them.

Why is the above not right?

--
aer

My AMD machine was rock solid stable prior to the change from radeon to
amdgpu firmware many months ago. As there have been no further freezes
since reverting back to radeon firmware I do not forsee that I will
reinstall amdgpu firmware, until I believe, the amdgpu bugs have
been fixed.

The latest email to you from Chris contains a more helpful reply to and
for you than I could.

Avon